Top 10 Travel Spots to Holiday with Kids
Through travel, the world becomes a classroom, teaching us the realities of life!
It is always better to travel with your kids as it offers an opportunity for adventure and satisfies one’s sense of beauty. It opens up many new worlds not only to you but also to your kids.
Here are some the best destinations for holidays with your kids.
With its outstanding natural beauty, Hawaii appeals to millions of families. It is a family-oriented and unfussy place. For kids, this place can be a full package of entertainment, fun, and excitement. As it is full of land, water, and cultural adventures.
From enjoying the sandy beaches and snorkeling among colorful tropical fish to even watching lava flow, this place is a must-see for kids.
Things to do in Hawaii:
- Visit Honolulu Zoo – Home to over 905 different animals from the tropics, a variety of African animals and farm animals too.
- Hike Diamond Head – hike up the extinct volcanic cave. It offers some of the best panoramic views of Waikiki. You can easily make your way to the top with a baby strapped to you.
- Visit Sea Life Park – Kids can enjoy watching dolphins, sea lions, turtles, sharks and native fish. You can also get up close to all forms of sea life in their habitats. Kids can also pet and feed the dolphins.
- Visit Dole Plantation – This is a place to enjoy Hawaii’s “Pineapple Experience.” Kids can enjoy the Pineapple Express Train Tour, the Plantation Garden Tour and the Pineapple Garden Maze. There are other free activities like a pineapple cutting demonstration and a fish-feeding pond.
This city amazes kids and is known as a true oasis for kids. With so much to offer, this place is the ultimate attraction for kids.
Things to do in Paris:
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Disneyland, 100% fun guaranteed!
- Playmobil Park, here kids find pirates, medieval knights, and dollhouses.
- Asterix Park
City of Children, to arouse intellectual development of the children with games and fun activities.
It is one of Asia’s best cities to visit with kids of all ages. There are some internationally renowned amusement parks too.
Kids will be delighted and fascinated by the many unique attractions this beautiful city offers.
Things to do in Tokyo:
- Visit the Hello Kitty theme park
- Sanrio Puroland
- Sumo wrestling tournaments
- The high tech National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, here you can touch, play and climb on the displays
- Disney Sea
- Universal Studios
- Space World
- A day trip to Mount Fuji
- Explore the ponds and bridges of the Imperial Palace Gardens.
This tropical paradise destination is full of family-friendly activities. Apart from great cultural activities, there is much to see and do.
Things to do in Bali:
- Bali Elephant Park, experience riding elephants
- Feed monkeys at Ubud Monkey Forest
- Bali Safari & Marine Park, you can swim with dolphins here. It also has a water park and amusement rides.
- Kuta Beach is one of the island’s most beautiful beaches
- Turtle Island
- Waterbom Water Park
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park
- Watching a traditional Balinese show will be a unique experience.
It is one of the best cities in the world to explore with children of all ages. This multicultural city is also one of the cleanest cities in the world. The many beautiful parks and gardens are a must-see
Things to do in Singapore:
- Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Gardens by the Bay which has an interactive children’s garden.
- Singapore Zoo with a kids water park in it.
- Night Safari, city’s top tourist attractions with over 2,500 nocturnal animals.
- “Asia’s Favorite Playground” – Sentosa Island that will provide you entertained for a lifetime.
- Singapore Flyer, home to the tallest Ferris wheel in the world.
6. Orlando, US
This city has many other attractions with which to conquer the kids. Few are:
- Walt Disney World
- You can also visit the Universal Orlando Resort
- Islands of Adventure, space where kids can find different islands that recreate the world of Jurassic Park.
- The universe of Harry Potter
Europa Park, Germany
Are your kids fan of crazy rides? If YES, this place is made for them! So be ready to visit the most adventurous park.
- The Europa Park, One of Europe’s biggest theme parks.
- This park has European country-themed areas with exciting rollercoasters and loads of other attractions.
- Take a crazy taxi ride around London, a gondola ride through Venice and an Elf Ride in Germany.
- Try the Blue Fire Mega coaster, which rockets to 100km/h in 2.5 seconds.
- Enjoy the Silver Star, a roller coaster that pulls 4g and reaches heights of 73metres. Yikes.
For many visitors, Edinburgh Festival Fringe is the ultimate attraction. This festival takes place throughout August. It has hundreds of shows especially for kids like;
- Stand-up comedy for younger audiences
- Jokes about Ben 10.
- Comedy Club 4 Kids offers great entertainment to all the kids.
- Apart from this, there are many street theater shows, which include fire juggling and audience participation.
- Kids will also love the strange Edinburgh Dungeon and Deep Sea World where they can see cute seals and sharks up close.
There are a lot more things that are sure to put a smile on your kids’ faces.
9.New York, US
A trip to this city is the experience of a lifetime. It offers great attractions to all the visitors. It is a favorite for traveling with kids as there are countless sites of interest for them.
Things to do in NYC:
- The Prospect Park Zoo, with about 630 animals
- Central Park
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan with a sensory room is a must-visit place.
10. Los Angeles, US
The “City of Angels” is packed with fun, thrill and excitement for all the visitors whether young or old. From beautiful beaches to action-packed amusement parks, this exciting city has it all.
There are endless opportunities for entertainment and education at museums, parks, and other kid-friendly institutions.
Things to do in L.A
- Universal Studio Hollywood – It is one of the most exciting places in LA. Kids can enjoy the movie-themed thrill rides with incredible special effects. Kids will love to explore different fun lands and getting to meet and greet some of their favorite characters around the park.
- Visit the LEGOLAND – One of the most beloved attractions in L.A.
- Knott’s Berry Farm – America’s first theme park, with roller coasters and high-speed drops.
- A trip to Pacific Park and Aquarium of the Pacific – Home to more than 11,000 ocean animals.
- Los Angeles Zoo – Home to more than 1100 creatures.With lowland gorillas, colorful exotic birds, Komodo dragons, playful seals, now leopards and other rare species, this favorite family attraction is a must-see for kids.
- Plan a trip to K1 Speed Indoor Karting and Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
So, prepare yourselves and get your kids ready for the most sensational trip of your life. Pack your bags, get some good quality shoes as they will keep you comfortable throughout your venture and head off!
Shawn Michaels is a blogger who loves to write about his outdoor experiences. He is also a passionate rock climber and loves traveling. Currently, he is studying and spends his free time reading reviews and gear shopping! He regularly blogs at Thesmartlad.com.