I AM Granola
Or the breakfast of champions…
As a mother of three healthy kids, I always try to find alternatives to the so-much-sugar and I-don’t-know-what-else regular cereals for breakfast. After a week of research, I combined some granola recipes and I added my witch touch for an original creation.
We bought all the ingredients from San Pedro Mercado in Cusco, Peru and we tried the strength of the last handmade “ Nuts Bag” ( Gabi’s crazy work in leather with Chawaytiri handmade insertion textile).
• 1 cup of chopped cashews
• 1 cup of chopped nuts
• 1 cup of raisins
• 1 cup of chopped dried apricots
• 1 cup of oats
• 1 cup of kiwicha flakes ( if you don’t find this you can replace it with another glass of oats)
• 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/4 cup flax seeds
• 7 dried chopped dates, 7 chopped dried plums, 7 chopped dried figs
• 4 full spoons of organic coconut oil
• 6 full spoons of honey
• sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 150C-160C.
- Mix the cashews, nuts, oats, kiwicha, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, coconut oil and the honey in a large bowl. Mix well. The composition must be wet.
- Tip the granola onto baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 15 min. After 15 minutes open the oven and stir the composition. Repeat from 10 in 10 minutes until it becomes golden. Remove and let it cool. Add the raisins, dried apricots, dates, plums, dried figs. Serve with cold milk or yogurt.
• Don’t put the dried fruits in the oven because they will become very dry and hard.
• The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month. But believe me this granola will be gone by the end of the week!